Welcome to Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church of Radium, MN.
- We are a Christ-centered, cross-focused congregation of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
- We believe the cross of Christ is the main focus of God’s activity in saving humanity from sin, death, and the devil.
- We view the Bible to be God’s inspired and inerrant Word.
- You can expect the Sermons and Bibles Studies to be based on Scripture.
- The services and sermons will not be about what you can do for God, but rather what God has done for you in the person of Jesus Christ, true God and true man.
- You can expect to receive Christ’s Body and Blood on the first and third Saturday evenings at the divine service at Immanuel Lutheran Church in the Lord’s Supper as a confirmed member of and LCMS congregation. (We also offer instruction for inquirers.)
- You will be reminded often of your Holy Baptism into Jesus Christ in this church.
- At Immanuel, we use the historic, Biblical, orthodox Divine Service in the Lutheran Service Book. No gimmicks. No flash. Just Christ’s Word and Sacraments.
- Come and be forgiven, strengthened, and cared for by Jesus Christ.
Join us Saturday evenings for Bible Study (year around) and Sunday School (during the school year) at 5:45 p.m followed by Divine Service at 7:00 p.m.
Immanuel Lutheran Church of Radium is a member of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod.
With the universal Christian Church, the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod teaches and responds to the love of the Triune God: the Father, creator of all that exists; Jesus Christ, the Son, who became human to suffer and die for the sins of all human beings and to rise to life again in the ultimate victory over death and Satan; and the Holy Spirit, who creates faith through God’s Word and Sacraments. The three person of the Trinity are coequal and coeternal, one God.
Our congregation accepts and preaches the Bible-based teachings of Martin Luther that inspired the reformation of the Christian Church in the 16th century. The teachings of Luther and the reformers can be summarized in three phrases: Grace alone, Faith alone, Scripture alone.
SOLA GRATIA – Grace Alone
God loves the people of the world, even though they are sinful, rebel against Him and do not deserve His love. He sent Jesus, His Son, to love the unlovable and save the ungodly.
“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9-ESV)
SOLA FIDE – Faith Alone
By His suffering and death as the substitute for all people of all time, Jesus purchased and won forgiveness and eternal life for them. Those who hear this Good News and believe it have the eternal life that it offers. God creates faith in Christ and gives people forgiveness through Him.
“Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Romans 5:1-ESV)
SOLA SCRIPTURA – Scripture Alone
The Bible is God’s inerrant and infallible Word, in which He reveals His Law and His Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ. It is the sole rule and norm for Christian doctrine.
“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17-ESV)
Our church holds to the Lutheran Confessions. You can find these online at:
A great reference of our beliefs can be found in a series of pamphlets called the “What About?” Series. These pamphlets were written by former Synod President Rev. Dr. A.L. Barry. They address doctrinal topics, moral issues, and concerns in the church to help Christians grow in their understanding of these important questions. You can find these online at:
If you have any other questions, contact our pastor, Rev. Dr. Mark Buchhop at (218) 779-6207.